Saturday, January 7, 2012

Can I Really be in Deutschland?!

Schönes Wochenende Alle!

I have now been in Marburg about 7 days, and I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I will be here for many more! I feel as though I need to squeeze everything I want to do in the first two weeks, but in reality I have plenty of time.

This past week has been all about trying to get used to living here; a lot of paperwork, payments, and even a trip to the Stadtbüro so that I could "Anmelden" (become a temporary citizen). I have had my first German beer in Germany, and then one or two more :) Becks (of course) and last night I tried a beer called Licher. It was very good!

For my first weekend in Germany, my "tutor" I guess you could call her, Oksana brought some of us to the Oberstadt to a bar called the Sudhaus. It was a very cozy bar lit mainly by candles and had a cool rustic feel to it. The Sudhaus has great gemütlichkeit!

Oksana is a student here at the Universität Marburg, who helps the international students get acquainted with the city. She is very nice and extremely helpful!

So this is all I have for now, with a few pictures below. Today I will  return to REWE, the grocery store I wrote about in my travel essay a few years ago. I would attach that essay somehow, but unfortunately that is at home on my mom`s computer.

My first Döner in Marburg! I am with Kelsey, another UWEC student. Wir haben die ganze Nacht Deutsch gesprochen, es wird immer besser. 

Brötchen and Quark with jam! So lecker! It has been my Fruhstück this past week.

Die Oberstadt...

At the Sudhaus, it was not as light as this picture makes it seem.


Viel Spaß!

No comments:

Post a Comment