Monday, January 23, 2012

Die Zeit Vergeht Immer Schneller...

Can my third week in Germany already be underway? Its hard to believe, but it is a good reminder to enjoy every moment. Since I last posted, I have gone on a Stadtführung through Marburg (city tour), ice skating in the Marburger Eis Palast, attended Gottesdienst in the Elisabethkirche (a church built in the 1200s), spent a day shopping in Frankfurt, a night meeting other international students and Germans while dancing, and even squeezed in a load of laundry for the first time in 22 days.

It seems that everyone within the past week or so has been busy planning their travels for our first break beginning February 15. It is fun to hear of all the places people will be visiting; Rome, Venice, Paris, and various others. Where will I be heading off to? The plan at the moment is to board the train to Zürich, Switzerland, and let the adventures unfold. Planning a trip is a lot more work than I had expected, but if I can channel my mom´s amazing organizational skills for even an hour, it wont be so bad.

Apart from traveling to other cities, I´ve just been spending my time in Marburg; meeting new people, trying delicious German beers, exploring new streets, and doing my best to speak lots of German! I find it is easier when I am out and about and talk with the locals in Bakeries and stores. But often in class it is harder to speak, because the topics require a vocabulary that I have not fully developed yet.

Next weekend I will visit Sinh Duc, a friend from my German exchange trip two years ago, in Darmstadt for his 20th birthday party. It will be fun to take a little trip on my own! I hope all goes well.

Here are some pictures from the last week, bis später alle!
In the Elisabethkirche, listening to the Stadtführerin tell the interesting, and funny, history of Marburg.

Wandering around
Too short




Fun Filled Night!

Skating in the Eis Palast!

International Students Party

These pictures are a little out of order, es tut mir leid!

In the MyZeil shopping center in Frankfurt. (Photo from Kelsey)

Kelsey, Kelly, and I believe we observed an Occupy protest in the streets of Frankfurt...its always amazing to witness things happening worldwide. (Photo from Kelsey)

No comments:

Post a Comment